Golyte/Nulyte/Trilyte Instructions for Procedure AFTER 12 PM
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY AND COMPLETE THE PREPARATION AS WRITTEN. INCOMPLETE CLEANSING OF THE COLON MAY REQUIRE THAT THE COLONOSCOPY HAS TO BE RESCHEDULED.
ONE DAY BEFORE THE PROCEDURE:
- START THE CLEAR LIQUID DIET (link to clear liquid diet page) 24 HRS BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED COLONOSCOPY.
- Mix the Golyte/Nulyte/Trilyte solution with water in the morning and refrigerate. You may use any flavor packet you wish.
- Around 6:00 PM start drinking the chilled Golyte/Nulyte/Trilyte solution. You should drink one 8 ounce glass of Golyte/Nulyte/Trilyte solution every 15 minutes. Drink ½ the solution (2 liters).
- If you become nauseated, drink the solution more slowly. Feelings of bloating, fullness and nausea may occur after the first few glasses. However, it is important to complete these preparation instructions as written.
- After you drink the 2 liters, you may resume the clear liquid diet.
DAY OF THE PROCEDURE:
- At 6:00 AM begin drinking the remaining 2 liters of Golyte/Nulyte/Trilyte solution. Drink one 8 ounce glass of Golyte/Nulyte/Trilyte solution every 15 minutes until all the liquid has been consumed.
- You may resume the clear liquid diet until 3 hours before the procedure.
- Do not drink anything 3 hours prior to your procedure.