7 DAYS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
- If you take aspirin, Plavix, Coumadin and/or warfarin, contact your prescribing doctor about stopping these medications five days prior to your procedure.
5 DAYS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
- Arrange a ride home - you will be given medication that relaxes you and makes you sleepy, so you cannot drive, take a bus, or take a taxi home. If you arrive without an escort, your procedure will need to be rescheduled.
- Stop taking iron, vitamin E, ginkgo, garlic, and ginger. A multivitamin is ok.
- Stop taking aspirin, Plavix, Coumadin, and warfarin.
- Stop taking all anti-inflammatory medicines, including Advil, Anacin, Aleve, Alka Seltzer, Bufferin, Ecotrin, Indocin, Relafen, Naproxen, Naprosyn, Nuprin, Volaren, Votran. Tylenol is ok.
3 DAYS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
- Confirm your ride.
- If you need to cancel your appointment, call the office at (760) 783-0441.
- Review the diet you need to follow for the next 2 days. Plan your meals according to the diet.
2 DAYS BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water throughout the day.
- Stop eating seeds, popcorn, nuts and whole grains.
- Do not eat any solid food after midnight.
1 DAY BEFORE THE PROCEDURE
THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE
- Take your regular medications with a sip of water.
- Do not take supplements or vitamins.
- You may have clear liquids up to 3 hours before your procedure.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing.
- Consider bringing socks to wear during your procedure.
- Bring your escort/driver with you to your appointment.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment time.
PATIENT INSTRUCTIONS AFTER 12 PM